Accomodations In Maui
Where are the best accomodations in Maui? How do you save money on a hotel room?
Maui is the second most widely toured island in Hawaii. Only Oahu gets more tourists each year. But there are more than 13,000 places you can stay when you visit Maui, so you shouldn’t have a problem finding one that fits your needs. Here are some tips for you when trying to find a good place to stay on Maui and how to save money on a hotel.
• There are some 90 hotels and condominiums on Maui. You can find the most extravagant in the town of Kaanapali. The most exclusive hotels are the Maui Surf, the Sheraton, the Hyatt Regency, and the Marriott. The place with the most condos to rent is Kehei. There are nearly 60 condos available within six miles. The best deals are also there.
• Kahulului offers the cheapest places to stay on Maui. It’s not as a fine place as some of the other areas, but there are plenty of things to see and do in the area, and you save money in the process.
• Consider camping. If you stay particularly in Hana, you can either rent a cabin or pitch your tent. You can save a ton of money on accommodation expenses by pitching your tent and traveling that way.
• If you want to save money, travel in the off-season. This is the time that runs in the late spring to just before Christmas. You can save as much as 25 percent on accommodations. Try Maui in the fall months, when it’s particularly gorgeous.
• Accept a hotel without an ocean view. You’ll pay more if your room has a view of the scenic ocean.
• If you’re staying for more than a week, consider getting a condo. You can typically rent them for week-long trips and save a ton of money.
• Get a room with a refrigerator or with cooking facilities. Especially if you get a condo, you can cook! This will save you a lot of money, as well, in eating expenses.
• Try staying along Maui’s southern shore. It’s cheaper to stay there. Also, if you get a mountainside view from your hotel, rather than one of the ocean, you can save even more money.