Sights And Beaches In Kapalua And Napili, Hawaii
What are some sights and beaches you don't want to miss in Kapalua and Napili, Hawaii?
This area is a great one to enjoy on the West side of the Hawaiian island of Maui. There are plenty of nice beaches and sights you should see while you’re here. These towns make up the top of the western part of the island and should be a part of your trip to Maui. Here is a list of some of the sights and beaches in Kapalua and Napili that you won’t want to miss.
• Kapalua Beach. This beach is usually not too crowded and is beautiful. The beaches are nice and the water is even nicer. This is a great place for snorkeling, as there are lots of fish and gorgeous underwater plant life to see. This beach is off Lower Honoapiilani Road.
• Mokuleia Beach. This is known as the slaughterhouse beach but it’s not as bad as it might sound. The beach part is an excellent place to enjoy the view and the Pacific sun. But it’s the currents in the winter that causes the beach to get its name. They can be quite rough during the winter months. This area is known for its good bodysurfing.
• Napili Bay. This is probably the main beach in Napili. It’s lined with condos. This is a great beach for just about any activity. You can spend time on the clean, well-maintained shores, or you can spend time in the water. The swimming, snorkeling, and surfing is good.
• Honolua Bay. This area is on the other side of Mokuleia Bay. This is a great place for snorkeling, swimming and surfing. You can even sleep there overnight if you want. This area is fairly secluded and is somewhat off the beaten path.
• D.T. Fleming Beach Park. This park is one of the best areas on the western part of the island. This park is just off Lower Honoapiilani Road. There is great swimming here during just about any time of year. The only thing you need to beware of is that the surf causes problems during the winter months. The surfing here is excellent.
• Oneloa Beach. This is a little beach not too far from D.T. Fleming Beach Park. It also provides a nice camping area. The sand at this beach is nice and the water is good, too.