Attractions In Honokowai, Hawaii
What are some sights and beaches you don't want to miss in Honokowai, Hawaii? What makes them unique?
No trip to the western part of Maui is complete without sampling some of the beaches and sights in the town of Honokowai. The town is along the Honoapiilani Highway. Here are some of the sights and beaches you won’t want to miss.
• Kahana Beach. This beach is a nice beach for families with young kids. It is rarely crowded and it’s family oriented. The beach is small and protected. The sands are nice and it provides you with a great view of Molokai across the way.
• Honokowai Beach. This also is a good place for families with young kids because the water is so shallow. This is a great place to swim if you’re looking for a light dip in a pool of water to cool off. You can also snorkel here and see some great underwater fish and plants. This beach is directly across from the food pantry in downtown Honokowai.
• Kahana Keyes. This is a nice entertainment spot and restaurant at the Valley Isle Resort. They have plenty of live music each night and has good food, as well. It’s a great place to catch some Hawaiian music with a local flair. There are always bands from the western part of Maui performing there.
• China Boat Seafood Restaurant. This is a restaurant that serves some good local seafood and other entrees. It’s mainly a Chinese restaurant and has all kinds of pork and seafood dishes. You can eat there for under $12 a person. It can be found at 4474 Lower Honoapiilani Highway.
• 5-A Rent A Space Mall. This is a good place to do some shopping in Honokowai. You can find a few eateries and some other local stores. You’ll want to check out Posters Maui, where you can pick up an inexpensive poster of Maui to take home with you. You can reach this store at 669-5404.