Things You Can Do For Free In Waikiki
What are some good things you can do for free in Waikiki? When do these events happen? What do you need to know about them?
If you’re sick of spending your hard-earned cash at the tropical paradise that is Waikiki on Oahu Island in Hawaii, there are some things you should keep in mind. You can actually find plenty to do without paying a cent of your traveling cash. Here is a list of some of the best activities you can take part in in Waikiki that are absolutely free.
• Beaches. Of course, you can enjoy all that is right about Waikiki and the secludedness without spending a cent. The beaches are free for your consumption. Bring a beach towel and your snorkel and have a great time!
• Jungle plants exhibit at the Hyatt Regency. Inside the Hyatt Regency Hotel is something you won’t want to miss, even if you aren’t on a budget. The lobby has a huge juggle of plants and looks amazingly like the Hanging Gardens of Babylon.
• The Royal Hawaiian Hotel. This hotel is a historical building in Hawaii. It was built in 1927, and you can feel free to tour the hotel on your own. It boasts a Spanish style architecture, and at one time only top Hollywood stars and the rich and famous could afford to stay there. When you walk in the main lobby of this hotel, turn right at the spot where you check in and you’ll see an amazing style of architecture: a long breezeway with arches toward the ocean.
• St. Augustine Catholic Church. This church is right across Kalakaua Avenue from Waikiki Beach. This church is something to see from the inside.
• Urusenke Teahouse. This treasure is an original teahouse donated to Hawaiiak by the Uruseke Foundation of Kyoto, Japan. You can partake in a daily free tea that was made from the tips of 400-year-old matcha bushes. This teahouse is at 245 Saratoga Road.
• Moana Hotel. This is the oldest hotel in Waikiki. It was built in 1901 and is a state treasure. You won’t want to miss this hotel, and you can tour it absolutely free.