Entertainment In Waikiki, Hawaii
Where are the best places to go for entertainment in Waikiki? What makes them unique? What do you need to know about them?
There are plenty of places to go out and have a good time in Waikiki. That comes as no surprise to those who have been to or are currently on Oahu. But what can be troublesome to a newcomer is finding the place to go out that fits your particular needs and tastes. Here is a list of different fun places to go and things to do in Waikiki, where you can find them, and what exactly goes on at these places.
• The Wave. This is a place where people of all ages can go, relax, and dance the night away. It features live music each night and has become an institution in late-night partying on the island. You can find The Wave at 1877 Kalakaua Avenue. 941-0424.
• Pink Cadillac. This features several large dance areas and plenty of rock music. It’s a slightly younger crowd than The Wave. You can find it at 478 Ena.
• Crow’s Nest. This entertainment spot features all kinds of local and national entertainers. It can be found above the Jolly Roger Restaurant at 2244 Kalakaua.
• Key Largo. This is one of the few real bars in Waikiki. While many of the other places around town attract tourists, Key Largo is more of a local hang out and always seems to have live rock music. 142 Uluniu Street.
• The Grapevine. This is a more mellow kind of place. If you’re looking for a good, quieter change of pace, this is where you should go. They always have live music, especially some excellent Hawaiian artists performing.
• The Don Ho Show. This is a must-see in Waikiki. It’s live entertainment with a purely Hawaiian twist. Performers don amazing costumes and some equally amazing acts. They have two shows each day Friday through Sunday. It costs about $70 for two people. It’s at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. 949-4321.
• An Evening with Danny Kaleikini. This is an island entertainer who knows how to turn a crowd. There’s less glitz and glamour about this show, but you’ll be guaranteed a good time. It’s inside the Kahala Hilton. 734-2211.