Dining In Honolulu
Where are some good places to dine when you're in Honolulu? What makes them good places to eat?
You want to make sure your time in Honolulu is ideal. That includes finding the right meal to fit your mood and company. There are plenty of places for you to look at when trying to find the perfect place. Here are some ideas for you.
• The Chart House. This is one of the finer seafood places in town. Shellfish starts at $15. There is nightly entertainment. 1765 Ala Moana Blvd. 941-6660.
• Windows of Hawaii. Complete dinners for $15, lunch for under $10. You can make reservations here, and reservations are suggested. 941-9138. 1441 Kapiolana Blvd.
• Won Kee Seafood Restaurant. This is possibly the most coveted place to eat in Honolulu. Meals are upward of $20. 100 N. Beretania.
• Willows. This restaurant definitely has a Hawaiian and Oriental flair. Willows is affordable and has a pool or water right in the restaurant that is full of carp. They serve lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch. You can eat dinner there for under $15 a person. 901 Hausten. 946-4808.
• The Hideaway Restaurant. This restaurant is the only moderate or expensive restaurant on Sand Island. It’s a very local restaurant and is in an out-of-the-way place, but well worth the travel. Meals range from $8 to $12 in price. 50 Sand Island Access Road.
• Casatagnola’s Restaurant. This restaurant is comfortable and quaint. It’s an Italian restaurant and is quite reasonably prized. You can eat here for under $15 a person.
• Sekiya’s Restaurant and Deli. If you can find this place, the natives will be impressed. Typically only locals eat here. And you can find a good meal at a very cheap price. 2746 Kaimuki Avenue. 732-1656.
• Penny’s Plate Lunches. This restaurant on Sand Island is one of the cheapest and most authentic places to eat traditional Hawaiian food on the island. And you can eat here for under $5 a person.