Keys To A Successful Marriage: 25 Tips
The keys to a successful marriage are just easy things to remember. Follow them and stick to them and you can't go far wrong.
To make a marriage work you have to be prepared to put in a lot of effort and time. Just like everything in life things can be going well one minute and then downhill another. You have to learn to be able to deal with both extremes and work together.
1. Ask your partner's advice and listen to the answer.
2. Accept that you will both make mistakes and do your best to learn from them.
3. If you run into a difficult time, just remember your wedding vows.
4. Accept that men and women are different.
5. Communicate. Listen, learn and talk to each other.
6. Don’t have affairs
7. Don’t sleep in separate beds, even if there’s an unsettled argument. Try to sort out your problems before you go to sleep.
8. Don’t fall into roles. If one of you always does the ironing, it becomes boring and monotonous.
9. Teasing can be healthy but don’t let it become cruelty.
10. Be best friends as well as lovers
11. Do not criticise his friends in front of him.
12. Do not criticise his mother.
13. Give and take.
14. Don’t let your sex life become a routine.
15. Don’t take each other for granted.
16. Comfort each other when you are down.
17. Accept your partner.
18. Don’t neglect your appearances.
19. Be honest with each other.
21. Forgive each other.
22. Ask before you borrow anything.
23. Pass on all messages to your partner.
24. Tell your partner that you love them.
25. Compliment each other – and mean it.