Homemade Baby Food Recipe
This homemade baby food recipe will help you make your own baby food! It's easy, saves you money, and can be more nutritious than jarred baby food.
Worried about the high cost of jarred baby food? Worried about the nutritional content? Jarred food can be high in salt content and the costs can add up quickly. Make your own baby food with these simple and easy steps.
What you'll need:
food processor or blender
plastic freezer baggies
small jars or plastic containers
Steam vegetables until tender. Save the water and place the vegetables in the food procesor or blender and puree. With the water from the steaming process you can control the texture of the food. Pour the pureed vegetables into ice trays and place in the freezer. Once frozen, transfer the cubes to plastic baggies. Take the food out of the freezer in the morning that you wish to use for that day. Let it thaw in the refrigerator or microwave briefly if needed immediately.
You can control what your baby is eating! Because this process involves steaming and freezing the baby food, more of the nutritional value of the vegetables is saved than with jarred baby food.
Here are some tips to remember:
1. Use baby cereal if you need to thicken the food.
2. Puree all the green vegetables at once to reduce the amount of time needed to clean out the food processor or blender.
3. Grind food progressively coarser as your baby moves toward eating table food.
4. You can also use the food processor or blender at meal times so your baby can eat what you are eating.
5. Frequent your local farmer's market for the best deal on fresh vegetables.