Memory boxes are a great baby gift when you want to give something different. Learn more about them.
Do you need to come up with a baby gift and want to give something different? Here's a neat idea to try. It's called a memory box and is a fun alternative to scrap booking.
To make a memory box, you will need a large, sturdy plastic storage box. These are available with pretty colored lids, and the boxes themselves come in several colors. You can choose from clear or plain white, or from assorted colors. Make sure the box is large enough to hold all the items you will put in it, as well as any items the parents may wish to add. You will also need a supply of heavy weight plastic zip-type storage bags. These come in different sizes so be sure to get several sizes so that you can safely store any item you choose.
Now that you have the box, it's time to decide what to put in it! Here are some fun suggestions:
1. Sales papers from grocery stores and favorite department stores. It will be fun to compare prices and items in the years to come.
2. A clothing catalog. Today's styles might be quite different from future fashions!
3. A scrapbook of important news items that happened around the baby's birthday.
4. New car brochures.
5. Videotaped interviews with the grandparents, siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles. Don't forget the new parents.
6. A matted and framed front page of a local and a national newspaper printed on the baby's birthday.
7. A framed photo of the new baby with the proud parents.
8. Some of those collectable toys from the fast food restaurants.
9. A couple of issues of current magazines.
10. Movie ads.
Most of all, have fun! Remember, you are creating tomorrow's memories today. The child you are preparing the memory box for will thank you.