Don't have time to go to gym? Here are 10 ways to fit daily exercise into your life without it.
Let's face it. The average working family man or woman seldom has time to make it to the gym everyday. By the time you leave the office, pick up children, rush home and cook dinner, you have not only run out of time, but you are probably too exhausted to make it to the gym anyway.
The problem is, exercise is a vital part of being healthy, and nobody can afford to go through life as a couch potato. So how do you do it? How do you fit an exercise regime into an already hectic schedule?
Here are 10 easy ways to fit extra activity into your day.
1. Always park your car at the far end of the parking lot. You will have a little further to walk, and the exercise will be even better on your return trip because you will be carry grocery bags.
2. If you work in a large office, try delivering your messages in person. Every now and then, instead of picking up the telephone, stand up and stretch. Now take a brisk walk to your colleague/boss' desk. Swing your arms and look purposeful as you walk.
3. Housework - liven up those dreary chores with some energising music and dance. Shake that butt when you are washing dishes. Give your arms a good workout by pushing the vacuum vigorously. Don't walk across the house or garden - dance! The chances are good that your family will join in as well. Even hanging out the laundry can be called exercise - simply stretch a little further than the basket and touch your toes.
4. You don't even need to cut into your TV time - use the commercial breaks to do stomach crunches and press-ups.
5. Take the stairs - whether you are in a block of flats, an office block or a shopping centre, take the stairs. stair-climbing is excellent for toning your thighs and calves. For an extra workout, step up on your toes and swing your arms.
6. Give the dog a bath. WHen last did you give your family dog a bath? Instead of delegating the chore to your kids, try it yourself. By the time you have caught the dog, held it still, scrubbed and rinsed, you will feel as if you have had good cardiovascular session!
7. Invest in a skipping rope. You can take it everywhere with you, and use it anytime. Waiting for the dinner to cook? Skip. Waiting for the kids to finish their breakfast so you can get them off to school? Skip. Skipping is an excellent cardiovascular activity and tones the legs and buttocks.
8. Do some gardening - your property probably needs the attention, and it is a good way to spend time outdoors and quality time with your spouse and/or children. Mowing the lawn, weeding, and even planting new beds will use muscles you had forgotton you had!
9. Don't hop into your car every time you need to pop to the store around the corner. Walk. (You'll save on gas too!) Walking is one of the best forms of exercise, and can be fitted into almost any lifestyle. Walk with your head up, your arms swinging comfortably and enjoy it.
10. Finally, but probably the most enjoyable way, increase the frequency and duration of your sexual activity. Sex is a good workout for both the heart and the body, giving you cardiovascular benefits. It also works those stomach muscles!