Strawberry Delight Recipe
Strawberry Delight is a dessert with a touch of nostalgia. Here's a great recipe.
1 cup self rising flour
1 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cup egg whites
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanila
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 pint whipped cream
1 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries
1. Measure and sift together 3 times the flour and confectioner's sugar.
2. Measure into large bowl egg whites, cream of tartar and salt. Beat with wire whipe or electric mixer until foamy.
3. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp at a time. Continue beating until meringue holds stiff peaks.
4. Fold in 1 1/2 tsp vanilla and almond extract.
5. Sift gradually flour/sugar mixture over the meringue. Fold in gently just until the flour/sugar mixture disappears.
6. Push batter into ungreased 10 inch tube pan. Gently cut through batter with a knife.
7. Bake at 375 degrees until top springs back when lightly touched. Invert on funnel; let hang until cold.
8. While cooling, whip whipping cream with remaining sugar and vanilla until mixture stands in soft peaks.
9. When cake is completely cold, ice sides and slightly over the top edge of the cake with shipped cream. Cover remaining top edge of the cake with thawed strawberries.
10. Serve immediately or refrigerate 1-3 hours.