Southern Fried Chicken Dinner Recipe
Free recipe for Southern Fried Chicken! Looking for a meal from the South that is easy to create?
Southern Fried Chicken Dinner
ENTREE: Fried Chicken
8 fryer thighs and legs
Louisiana hot sauce
2 cups flour
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 cup vegetable oil
1. In large skillet, pour oil in the bottom and heat until bubbles arise. Lower heat to medium.
2. While oil is heating, prepare flour by adding spices.
3. Prepare chicken by cutting a small gash in the skin, about 1/4 inch long, and pour 1 tsp hot sauce inside the skin, spreading it throughout the piece of chicken.
4. Dip each piece of prepared chicken in flour, completely covering it in flour.
5. Place chicken in skillet and cook over medium heat for approximately 45 minutes, turning every 10 minutes.
Broccoli and Cheese
1 lb broccoli, frozen
1 can cream of mushroom soup
10 saltine crackers
8 slices cheese
1 tbsp butter or margarine
1. Defrost broccoli in microwave for 3 minutes.
2. Add cream of mushroom soup. Cook for 2 minutes.
3. Place 4 slices of cheese over top. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir melted cheese into broccoli. Place remaining 4 slices of cheese on top of broccoli.
4. Crumble crackers finely over top and place butter of top of crackers. Cook on high for 5 minutes.
1 can green beans
1 tbsp bacon grease OR 1 strip cooked bacon
1/4 small onion chopped or 1 tbsp minced onion
Place all ingredients in medium pan together. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
8 med potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1. Boil potatoes on high until tender. Drain water.
2. Smash potatoes with mixer until smooth, adding milk and butter, salt and pepper.
8 medium apples, peeled and quatered
1 bag cinnamon imperials
Place apple slices in baking dish along with cinnamon imperials. Cook together in microwave for 5 minutes or until candy is melted.