Healthy Sesame Seed Muffin Recipe
A recipe for healthy sesame seed muffins with ten variations to the main recipe.
1 cup cake flour
1 cup bran
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons honey
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the honey, bran, and sesame seeds to the flour mixture. Mix well.
Beat the egg and add the milk and melted butter to the egg. Beat the mixture and then add to the dry ingredients. Mix lightly and spoon into a muffin pan.
Bake in the oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
1. Add 1/2 cup sunflower seeds to the mixture.
2. Omit the honey; add one tablespoon of sugar and 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the dough.
3. Reduce the butter by 2 tablespoons and add 4 tablespoons of peanut butter to the dough.
4. Add 1 cup of chopped dates to the dough.
5. Add 1 cup of raisins or any other dried fruit to the dough.
6. Omit the milk, honey, and sesame seeds and add one cup of tinned sweetcorn and 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese to the dough.
7. Omit the honey and add two tablespoons of sugar to the dough.
8. Add one tablespoon of grated lemon or orange peel to the dough.
9. Omit the milk and add 1 cup of plain yogurt to the dough.