Quick, Easy Dinner Recipes
Five quick and easy dinner recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less for the busy person on the go.
Easy Beef Stroganoff
3/4 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
1 tsp. olive or canola oil
14-oz. can beef broth with or without onions
2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
3 cups uncooked egg noodles
1/2 cup sour sream
1. Slice sirloin into thin strips across the grain of the steak.
2. Warm oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the sirloin strips for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add beef broth and mushrooms to sirloin in skillet. Bring the mixture to a boil, then add the dry noodles.
4. Reduce heat, cover, and cook over a simmer for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are cooked.
5. Add the sour cream and let it warm throughout the mixture. Serve immediately.
Golden Potato Soup
3/4 cup celery, chopped
3/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 14-oz. cans chicken bvroth
2 1/3 cups instant potato flakes
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/3 cup processed American cheese, grated or cubed
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1. In a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, sauté celery and onion in butter for about 3 minutes.
2. Slowly add chicken broth, a little at a time. Bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to simmer and add instant potato flakes.
4. Simmer soup for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add milk, cheese, garlic salt, onion, and chili powders. Cook the soup until the cheese is melted.
6. Prior to serving, blend the sour cream into the soup until heated throughout.
**Do not let the mixture come to a boil after adding the sour cream.**
Ham, Cheese, and Mushroom Quiche
9-inch unbaked pie crust
1/4 cup cooked ham, cubed
1/2 cup cheddar or Colby Jack Cheese, grated
3 tbs. onion, finely chopped
4 to 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 large eggs
8 oz. sour cream
salt/pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl, blend ham, grated cheese, onion, mushrooms, eggs, and sour cream. Mix well.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set in the middle and slightly browned at the edges.
5. Let cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 28-oz jar of prepared spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cloves garlic, diced
1. Marinate chicken breasts with diced garlic for 20 minutes.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400 F.
3. Remove garlic then bread chicken breasts on both sides with the Italian bread crumbs. Place the breaded chicken in a medium baking pan and bake for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove pan from the oven, pour the prepared spaghetti sauce over the chicken. Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes more.
5. Remove pan from the oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
6. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until done (when the thickest part of a chicken breast is no longer pink inside).
7. Serve with plenty of sauce and pasta.
Honey Sesame Pork Tenderloin
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs. fresh ginger root, grated
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tbs. dark sesame oil
1 lb. pork tenderloins
1/4 cup honey
2 tbs. brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1. Combine soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and oil in a large Ziploc-type plastic bag. Add tenderloin and marinate 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees.
3. Remove pork from bag and pat dry.
4. Mix honey and brown sugar in a shallow plate.
5. Place sesame seeds in a separate shallow plate. Roll tenderloin in the honey/brown sugar mixture to coat, then roll in sesame seeds.
6. Roast pork in a shallow pan for 20-30 minutes.
Serve warm with white rice and "California blend" vegetables.