Mustard Chicken Recipe
This sauteed mustard chicken is a quick but delicious recipe.
Here is a very easy recipe to spruce up that ordinary chicken we tend to serve twice a week. This dish serves four people.
1 3-3 1/2 lbs cut up frying chicken
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup chablis, chicken stock or water
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 tsp each dried thyme and tarragon leaves
2 Tbsp dijon style mustard
1/4 cup sour cream
chopped fresh parsley, optional
1. Wash chicken and pat dry
2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium to high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
3. Add wine, salt, black pepper, thyme and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer 35 to 40 min. or until chicken is done.
4. Remove chicken to warm serving dish. Set aside.
5. Skim off excess fat. If pan is fairly dry, add about 1/2 cup water to stir up brownings. Heat to boiling.
6. Stir in mustard. Boil 30 seconds. Add sour cream, stirring to blend. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with chopped parsley if you like.