Sunburst Lemon Bars Recipe
Creating Sunburst Lemon Bars is not as hard as it may seem. Use the steps here to make them very easily and save you a lot time and money.
For base you will need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup margarine or butter softened
4 eggs slightly beaten
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup powdered sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit. In large bowl, combine all the base ingredients at low speed until crumbly.
2. Press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown
3. Meanwhile in large bowl, combine all filling ingredients except lemon juice; blend well. Stir in 1/4 cup lemon juice. Pour mixture over warm base.
4. Bake at 350 degrees Farenheit for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
5. In small bowl ,combine 1 cup powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired spreading consistency ;blend until smooth.
Frost cooled bars. Cut into bars.
Yields 36 bars.