Homemade Cornbread Recipe
homemade cornbread recipe - a lost art in these days of jiffymix?
1 cup corn meal, white or yellow
1 cup self rising flour
1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Sift all dry ingredients together.
3. Add milk and egg, until mixture is soupy but not runny.
4. Place muffin liners in muffin pan and fill to 2/3 full OR grease a 9 x 9 pan with butter and pour mixture in there.
4. Bake for 15 minutes in muffin pans OR 20-25 minutes in square pan.
5. Serve hot with butter and honey.