Quick And Easy Fish Cakes Recipe
This quick and easy fish cakes recipe is perfect if you are in a hurry and have hungry children waiting to be fed!
INGREDIENTS (to serve 4)
2 fillets of Fish (Hake, Haddock)
1 large egg (or 2 small eggs)
1/2 teaspoon parsley
salt and pepper to taste
Flour for coating
Oil for frying
1. Cook the fish by boiling it. Once the fish is cooked, drain and remove the skins, debone and flake the fish and place into a dish.
2. Boil the potatoes. Mash the cooked potatoes and add to the fish.
3. Chop the onion finely and add to the fish mixture with the parsley, salt and pepper.
4. Add the beaten egg and stir till well blended.
5. Take tablespoonfuls and roll in in the flour.
6. Heat the oil and fry the fishcakes till browned on both sides
Leftover fishcakes can be put on sandwiches with chutney or tomato sauce.
Variation: Instead of fresh fish, use one large tin of Pilchards (plain or tomato flavoured). Drain the sauce (keep the sauce and add to the cat's food!), add the mash and proceed with step 3.