Corn Chowder Recipes
Corn chowder recipes including optional modifications to make it healthier.
15 oz. can of canned potatoes, drained
1 cup 2 percent milk
15 oz. can creamed corn
14 1/2 oz. can chicken broth*
7 oz. can whole kernel corn
1/3 cup dried tomato bits
1/3 cup diced sweet bell pepper (red or green)
pepper to taste
6 strips bacon** cut into 1/2 inch pieces, cooked crisp and drained
1. Combine milk half of the potatoes in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into 2 oe 3 quart saucepan.
2. Dice remaining potatoes. Mix with remaining ingredients (EXCEPT bacon and pepper) into saucepan. Bring to a light boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Season with pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook and drain bacon.
4. To serve, ladle hot soup into six bowls. Garnish with bacon. Makes 6 servings.
* If desired, use low-sodium broth.
** If desired, use turkey bacon OR this ingredient can be skipped.