Awesome Chocolate Cake Recipe!
Looking for a new twist on the old chocolate cake scene? Look no further than this.
1 1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup dates, chopped
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup shortening
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup sifted flour
3 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Pour boiling water over dates. When soft, mash and cool.
2. Add baking soda, set aside.
3. Cream together shortening, 1 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Set aside.
4. Sift together flour, cocoa and salt.
5. Mix together date mixture, creamed mixture, and sifted dry ingredients.
6. pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
7. Mix together remaining sugar, nuts and chocolate chips; sprinkle over cake batter.
8. Press down onto batter.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.