Roast, Potatoes, And Gravy
Looking for an easy way to cook roast? And one that is mouth watering as well?
Roast, Potatoes, and Gravy
1-2 lb beef roast
1-2 Tbsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning
1/2 tbsp seasoned salt
1 tbsp black pepper
7 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
4 carrots, peeled (opt)
Water, about 6 cups
1-2 tbsp flour
1. Place roast in slow cooker with enough water to barely cover it. Add spices. Let cook in slow cooker until roast is barely pink, or overnite...about 6 hrs.
2. Chop potatoes and carrots into bite size pieces. Add them to the cooking roast.
3. Cook together for another 30 to 45 minutes until potatoes and carrots are tender.
4. When potatoes and carrots are thoroughly cooked, drain the broth from them. Reserve broth in a medium pan.
5. Bring the broth to a boil and gradually add flour, stirring constantly, to thicken for gravy. When gravy has thickened to your liking, remove from heat. Be sure not to thicken too much. If it gets away from you, add water by tablespoons.
6. Serve hot.