Chicken And Dumplings Recipe
Chicken and Dumplings Recipe: Looking for an old-fashioned recipe to warm the heart as well ast he body? Look no further.
1 whole chicken, in pieces
8 cups water
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
2 tsp poultry seasoning
3 cans ready-to-bake biscuits
1. Place water in large pot and bring to a boil on high. Add seasonings.
2. When the water comes to a boil, add chicken, piece by piece and boil for 45 minutes or until shicken is white.
3. Remove chicken from broth and cool for 15 minutes in freezer or refrigerator.
4. Debone and peel skin from chicken pieces. Then break chicken into bite sized pieces. Add back to broth.
5. Bring chicken and broth to a boil again on medium high. If broth is too thick, add 1 cup of water.
6. Add uncooked biscuits to the mixture, pinchin each one into 3 pieces. Dumplings are done when they float to the top of the broth.
7. Serve hot.