Carrot Cake Recipe
Looking for a good recipe for carrot cake?
1 cup sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 cup self rising flour
1 1/3 tsp baking soda
1 1/3 tsp baking powder
1 1/3 tsp cinnamon
2 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup chopped nuts
3/4 cup raisins
1. Combine sugar and oil with electric mixer.
2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
3. Sift dry ingredients and add to mixture, beating well.
4. Fold in carrots, raisins, and nuts.
5. Pur batter in greased layer cake pans.
6. Bake in 300 degree oven for 1 hour.
1 4oz pkg cream cheese
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup confectioners sugar
Combine all ingredients, using up to 1 cup of confectioners sugar to make spreading consistency. Frost carrot cake when cool.