Applesauce Cake Recipe
This applesauce cake recipe spices up the old standby of applesauce. Try this yummy recipe.
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flavored applesauce
2 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt optional
1 cup seedless raisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1. Cream shortening and sugar together; add applesauce.
2. Sift 2 1/2 cups flour with baking soda and salt. Stir into batter.
3. Dredge raisins and nuts with remaining flour and add to batter. Beat well.
4. Pour into greased and floured 8x8x2 inch pan.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
6. Turn out and cool on rack.