Angel Food Cake Recipe
Looking for a good angel food cake recipe not from a mix? who says home cooking went out of style with mixes?
1 cup self rising flour
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup egg whites (equal to 3 egg whites)
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tbsp cold water
1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Sift flour and 1/2 cup sugar together.
2. Place egg whites in large bowl and add salt and water. Whip until frothy.
3. Add cream of tartar and whip until mixture will hold shape or stand in peaks.
4. Whip in remaining sugar.
5. Fold in flour and sugar mixture, adding vanilla when part of sugar and flour have been added.
6. Pour batter into an ungreased angel food cake pan.
7. Bake 40 to 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Invert pan until cake is cool.